Latest posts by BRIAN MILLS (see all)
- M.A.D. Cinema Series Documenting The Rise Of New York’s 1975-80 Punk Music Scene - April 15, 2014
- NSFW: VIDEO: Sexiest Self Help Video Ever: How To Check For Testicular Cancer - April 15, 2014
- VIDEO: Matthew Barney’s New 5 Hour Insane Opera/Film Performance showing to London. - April 15, 2014
- Tom of Finland to Appear on Postal Stamps in September - April 15, 2014
- The Other 90′s Nightlife Scene: Heaven and Hell Nightclubs of 1890s Paris - April 15, 2014
Jack Wrangler, iconic adult and musical theater performer passed away today from complications from lung disease. He was 62 years old.
With piercing blue eyes, unruly blond hair, a chiseled physique and cocky swagger, Jack Wrangler was the king of 70s gay porn. Forging a gay sexual revolution, he wasnt the typical object of homoerotic desire but an intelligent, full-bodied, self-confident male. Exulted for his 80-plus adult films, the openly gay superstar even conquered the straight adult world and legitimate theater. Mr. Wrangler eventually married pop vocalist Margaret Whiting and their relationship would last for the rest of his life.
The documentary Wrangler: Anatomy of an Icon, recently won the 2009 GayVN Award for Best Alternative release.
“Making this film was a great opportunity to pay tribute to a man who lives his life with grace, humor and confidence, and was a role model for an entire generation of men,” said director Jeffrey Schwarz. “Jack and the filmmakers he worked with were truly pioneers in the industry, and I hope this film can remind us that porn can be revolutionary, inspirational, and just plain fun.”
Jack was one of the earlier pioneers in helping to bring awareness to the gay community by being open about who he was and about following his dreams, said Lewis Tice, Director of Publicity and Marketing for TLA Releasing. We are deeply saddened as he is an essential part of our gay history. Our sympathies go out to his family.