Latest posts by BRIAN MILLS (see all)
- Grandmas Smoking Weed for the First Time - November 20, 2014
- FIERTH i-ON Interview with LYPSINKA – THREE Live Stage Shows now in NYC !! - November 20, 2014
- Chloe Hearts Thanksgiving <3 - November 17, 2014
- Scientists Say It Only Takes 66 Days To Change Your Life, If You can make it. - November 7, 2014
- Sesame Street Spoofs The Hunger Games - November 6, 2014
Are We Not Men? is an upcoming authorized documentary about the influential punk rock/new wave band Devo (trailer). The film follows the band from its origins at Kent State University in the early 70s to its present day tours. Director Tony Pemberton is raising funds for the film on Kickstarter. It is scheduled to be completed in September 2012.
The ARE WE NOT MEN? film delves into the brains — and the souls — behind the concept, music, and spectacle of Devo. Sculpting its music, lyrics and visuals are two men whose personalities seem different but whose worldviews are the same: introspective Mark Mothersbaugh and outspoken Gerald Casale. It is Mark and Jerry’s cataclysmic, sometimes contentious, collaboration that birthed what we know as Devo. Rounding out the group are two more members whose position cements the group as a literal band of brothers — Bob Mothersbaugh and Bob Casale. Yes, behind the curtain of this art-school façade are two fascinating and sometimes fractious families, led by Akron, Ohio’s twisted version of Lennon & McCartney — with all the genius and precariousness that would imply. It is the stories of these men — together and apart — that drive the engine that is ARE WE NOT MEN?