Latest posts by BRIAN MILLS (see all)
- VIDEO: MADONNA In Major Stage Fall During Brit Awards – Hope She is OK ! - February 25, 2015
- MARY POPPINS Sings Death Metal Cover of SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEPPIALIDOCIOUS - February 25, 2015
- Conan O’Brien & Billy Eichner Troll Grindr- Conan Discovers He’s a Bottom. - February 25, 2015
- DUCKTALES Returning to TV With New Series in 2017 - February 25, 2015
- WATCH: ” Dior and I ” Trailer – In Theaters March 26th - February 24, 2015
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper finally has confirmed to Andrew Sullivan that he is openly gay. In a lengthy email describing his discretion, Cooper confirmed that he is gay, he always has been, he always will be, and proudly so:
COOPER: I’ve always believed that who a reporter votes for, what religion they are, who they love, should not be something they have to discuss publicly. As long as a journalist shows fairness and honesty in his or her work, their private life shouldn’t matter. I’ve stuck to those principles for my entire professional career, even when I’ve been directly asked “the gay question,” which happens occasionally. I did not address my sexual orientation in the memoir I wrote several years ago because it was a book focused on war, disasters, loss and survival. I didn’t set out to write about other aspects of my life.
Recently, however, I’ve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It’s become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something – something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true. […]
The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.