‘What Would You Do?': Transgender Waitress In New Jersey Diner Defended By Customers
Latest posts by BRIAN MILLS (see all)
- Venus Xtravaganza of Paris Is Burning would have been 50 today. - May 22, 2015
- FIERTH i-ON Interview with NORA BURNS of UNITARD - May 20, 2015
- Turn Your Passion For Health and Wellness Into a Career - May 19, 2015
- Fierth TV: GLAAD Media Awards Red Carpet With Mike Diamond, Laverne Cox & Tituss Burgess - May 11, 2015
- ONE NIGHT ONLY: Jinkx Monsoon & Peaches Christ in RETURN TO GRAY GARDENS 4/25 - April 24, 2015
The ABC program “What Would You Do?” has never shied away from tackling controversial topics, and this week’s forthcoming episode is no exception.
In an effort to determine one community’s acceptance of transgender people, “RuPaul’s Drag Race” alum Carmen Carrera is cast in the role of a New Jersey diner waitress, while an actor portrays a longtime customer who deplores the fact the waiter he once knew and liked as “Christopher” is now a woman.
“Once upon a time, I was Chris — and now I’m Carmen,” Carrera, who reportedly is revealing that she is transgender for the first time on the program, says to the customer.
But Kevin isn’t hearing any of it, responding angrily, “I don’t think I can even eat here! This is disgusting! They have, like, freaks waiting tables!”
Check out a clip from Friday’s episode above.