Getting To Your Beach Body By Ken Hunt
By Ken Hunt
Don’t look now but it’s almost swimsuit season. Are you ready to rock that Speedo? Here are some tips to get you beach-ready.
First, take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Perhaps you are carrying around a few extra pounds from the winter doldrums. Like most of us, you probably have your own routine for loosing weight. I have only two suggestions. Watch your diet and sweat. Also be realistic about your weight lose goals. Experts say you can safely loose 2 pounds a week. Realistically you can expect to loose 1 pound per week. In 8 weeks you will be down 8 pounds which will make a huge difference in how you look in your swimsuit. (or naked for that matter).
Here are some other tips to help you.
1. Mix it up. We all fall into the trap of doing the same thing over and over. Change your routine every four to six weeks. A little goes a long way.
2. Pressed for time? Try three 10-minute workouts spread through the day. It’s just as effective as a half-hour routine.
3. Let the sun shine in. Now that spring is in full bloom, why not complement you workout with a hike or brisk walk? You’ll alleviate boredom and get a head start on your tan.
4. Good deeds. Sign up for a 5k race for your favorite cause. The objective isn’t to win, but to set a goal and have the discipline to complete it.
5. Retail therapy. Buy a swimsuit you’d like to be wearing by the start of summer. Leave it out in your kitchen or bedroom so it’s always visible.
6. Rise and shine. To boost your metabolism, exercise in the mornings. You’ll feel instantly energized, curb your appetite and burn more calories all day long.
7. And here are few extra special secret tips to try a few days before you “speedo up”. These will help avoid bloating (caused by air or food in the digestive tract) and help you look buff, toned and totally hot.
– Avoiding carbonated beverages.
– Not using straws or chewing gum, which trap air.
– Eating slowly because gulping food traps air.
-Avoiding gas-producing foods such as beans and broccoli.
– Drinking water and eating juicy fruits to clean out your system.
— Skipping salty foods, which cause you to retain more water than the Hoover Dam
Have fun and see you on the beach.