How to Make Glow in the Dark Flowers
Latest posts by BRIAN MILLS (see all)
- VIDEO: Get to know NYC Icon MISS COLOMBIA in Rare Video Interview - April 17, 2015
- MASSIVE FIRE BURNS AT THE ICE PALACE ON FIRE ISLAND TAKES HOTEL & HOLLY HOUSE - March 27, 2015
- Pretty Much All of The Jokes from THE ROAST OF JUSTIN BIEBER - March 16, 2015
- JESSICA LANGE Leaving AMERICAN HORROR STORY FOREVER #ahshotel - March 16, 2015
- The Best Insults From The ROAST Of JUSTIN BIEBER - March 16, 2015
We show how to make flowers glow in the dark under ultraviolet light using a fluorescent dye.
You really only need two things, an ultraviolet lamp and a fluorescent highlighter. Open the highlighter and squeeze a few drops of the fluorescent ink into a cup of water. Now take the flower (i find white carnations to be the best) and cut the stem underneath the solution. Leave the flower in overnight and the dye will have been absorbed into the flower.
Now simply shine an ultraviolet light onto the flower to cause the highlighter dye to glow. whats amazing is that the glow isn’t uniform but will glow bighter in areas where the dye accumulates. Often this gives a more complex pattern to the flower.