How to Make Glow in the Dark Flowers
Latest posts by BRIAN MILLS (see all)
- VIDEO: SHOTS FIRED AT SAN FRANCISCO GAY PRIDE - June 28, 2015
- CRAZY!! PARIS HILTON Pranked in Insane Egyptian PLANE CRASH Video - June 27, 2015
- Last Chance to Save on MATINEE PRIDE 2015 #PRIDE2015 - June 25, 2015
- TIM CURRY Re-emerges for His First Public Appearance Since Stroke in 2012 - June 8, 2015
- WATCH: Björk’s Ground Breaking 360° Virtual Reality Video ‘Stonemilker’ - June 5, 2015
We show how to make flowers glow in the dark under ultraviolet light using a fluorescent dye.
You really only need two things, an ultraviolet lamp and a fluorescent highlighter. Open the highlighter and squeeze a few drops of the fluorescent ink into a cup of water. Now take the flower (i find white carnations to be the best) and cut the stem underneath the solution. Leave the flower in overnight and the dye will have been absorbed into the flower.
Now simply shine an ultraviolet light onto the flower to cause the highlighter dye to glow. whats amazing is that the glow isn’t uniform but will glow bighter in areas where the dye accumulates. Often this gives a more complex pattern to the flower.