QUEEN LATIFAH COMES OUT – DESCRIBES HER IDEAL GIRLFRIEND IN INTERVIEW

By  |  8 Comments

Congratulations goes out to Queen Latifah, who, for the first time, has publicly discussed her sexuality.

In a recent interview with Sister 2 Sister magazine, she described the kind of women who tickle her pickle:

“I just like ladies who have class. Period. And if it’s “T and A” you’re sellin’, that’s fine, as long as that’s what you’re selling. But you don’t have to show everything, you know? You can hold some back and just be yourself and let your personality shine and let your individuality show. To me, that’s sexier. A confident woman is a sexy woman, in my opinion.”

Last month National Enquirer reported that Latifah and her longtime girlfriend, personal trainer Jeanette Jenkins (seen above in an embrace last year), recently separated amid a dispute over Latifah’s bad eating habits.

But it seems now that Latifah is ready to find love again–and she has made it clear that sophisticated beauties with big personalities and a reserved sexual prowess should step to the front of the line!

Via FreddyO

Founder & Editor of Fierth.com - I am not a journalist, I am not a blogger, and I am not a writer.

8 Comments

1. MO

August 5, 2011 at 7:10 AM

I SEEN IT IN “SET IT OFF” SO ITS NO SURPRISE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kyle Noble Quandel

August 7, 2011 at 1:58 AM

not so fierth when you’ve been busted & have no choice to admit it. no “it gets better” statement from her, just forced to admit it once it’s captured by media.

she’s no leader, no hero. we’ve known for years she’s a dyke but not a word from her. as a spokesperson for the Milton Hershey school, she could have spoken up years ago & given voice to a cause, to kids who needed a hero. rather she stayed silent – until now.

don’t praise this queen – we’ve all know it forEVAH!. only now, forced with inevitable proof & media that she comes out. bitch be straight busted & left with no option.

what took so gawd-damn long Latifah?

NOT FIERTH! NOT THE LOOK!!

3. Tim Williams

August 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

@Kyle – what, so celebrities are now obliged to come out of the closet and, if not, they’re “disappointing kids who need a hero”?

Wow, that’s really taking the “celebrities have no rights” argument to the hilt. Care to step off your high horse and admit that Queen Latifah has the right to keep her bedroom activities as private as she likes?

4. j

August 12, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Aw, man. I hope she finds good love again. I’ve suspected for a long time that she was into the ladies. I’m glad she’s finally come out publicly. Hopefully, she’ll be able to bring more attention to the lack of equal rights in the world.
    Good luck, Queen! Keep on truckin’!

5. ja_black

August 20, 2011 at 9:26 PM

LMAO & ROTFL @:

“Latifah and her longtime girlfriend, personal trainer Jeanette Jenkins recently separated amid a dispute over Latifah’s bad eating habits.”….BAD EATING HABITS?!?! ….okay, maybe it’s just my dirty lil mind that made a stop elsewhere before thinking healthy eating

**says 10 Hail Marys and leaves 15% in the collection plate**

• suthrnbtmboy

September 15, 2011 at 12:18 AM

@Ja_black: LMAO!!! Good one… 🙂
      @j: Ditto!! I, for one, am glad that the Queen has come out publicly, but as everyone has already mentioned a large majority of her fans already suspected that she was a lesbian. Despite malicious negativity generated and spread by insignificant, pitiful and just down right triflin’ fools like Kyle N. Quandel, I also still greatly admire Queen Latifah and I anxiously await her next film. I also feel that it is fortunate when well known and respected celebrities come out publicly, especially when there is no scandal involved. When handled correctly, opportunities such as these can help to focus much needed positive attention on issues important to the Gay Community.
      @Kyle: I’ll keep this short and sweet, and I will ensure that I put this in a way that your simple mind can handle it… Grow Up and Get A Life, Sweetheart!

• suthrnbtmboy

September 15, 2011 at 12:44 AM

@Tim: I apologize, I forgot to leave my comment in response to what you posted (not that you need my two cents to validate your opinions). I just wanted to say that I concur; as you can tell from my posts I disagree wholeheartedly with the negative stance that Mr. Quandel has taken. It simply amazes me how some people feel that because they watch an actor/actress in a movie or hear a singer perform, they are somehow entitled to know every intimate detail about that performer’s life, especially their sex life! Kyle truly needs “step off [his] high horse” before someone knocks him off of it.

6. Heather

September 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Why is any of our buisness if she’s straight or not. All you people who bitch that she should have come out publicly a long time ago make me sick. Its not like your gonna date her or anything. Just cause she sings & plays in movies doesnt give us a right to demand to knwo her personal affairs. Jeez, grow up & deal with your own sex life.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login