Why I no longer “LIKE” Tracy Morgan – By Kevin Graves

By  |  12 Comments

By Kevin Graves Via Facebook

So tonight was the night, Tracy Morgan in the hallowed halls of the Ryman Auditorium.  I always giggle a little bit when I think that the legends of country music must be rolling over in their graves knowing that there are raunchy comics on their stage.   I’ve been a big fan of his since his days at SNL.  The show was your typical hysterical dick, cum and pussy humor… I have to say it was hilarious and well worth at least 40% of the $86 we spent per ticket to see him.  I figured at some point the gay jokes would fly and I’m well prepared for a good ribbing of straight gay humor.  I have very thick skin when it comes to humor; I can dish and I can take.  What I can’t take is when Mr. Morgan took it upon himself to mention about how he feels all this gay shit was crazy and that women are a gift from God and that “Born this Way” is bullshit, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because “God don’t make no mistakes” (referring to God not making someone gay cause that would be a mistake).  He said that there is no way a woman could love and have sexual desire for another woman, that’s just a woman pretending because she hates a fucking man.  He took time to visit the bullshit of this bullying stuff and informed us that the gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying. He mentioned that gay was something kids learn from the media and programming, and that bullied kids should just bust some ass and beat those other little fuckers that bully them, not whine about it.  He said if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. He mentioned that Barack Obama needed to man up and quit being all down with this just because he has a wife and two daughters.  All of this being followed by thunderous cheer and “You go Tracys”.  Tracy then said he didn’t fucking care if he pissed off some gays, because if they can take a fucking dick up their ass… they can take a fucking joke.

The sad thing is that none of this rant was a joke.  His entire demeanor changed during that portion of the night.  He was truly filled with some hate towards us.  As far as I could see 10 to 15 people walked out.  I had to fight myself to stay seated, but I knew if I got up… he won.  He wanted to piss people off and get a rise.  I didn’t let him win by chasing me off, he surely didn’t get any applause or laughter from me after that point – mainly because he was no longer funny to me.  I wasn’t holding back, it just wasn’t funny.  I won’t even get started on his rant about how women should be home cooking him a fucking meal and not becoming CEOs or him talking about fucking the moms of retards.

Once again, I can take a joke.  I find all sorts of things that are inappropriate funny.  Life is too serious to not laugh and enjoy some humor.  I now no longer enjoy Tracy Morgan’s humor.  It’s sad that I now have to take some inventory of my love of “30 Rock”.

I’m not angry… just very very very disappointed.

BY THE WAY… FEEL FREE TO SHARE with all of your friends!

1. Eoin

June 10, 2011 at 4:48 PM

This was horrific and way way beyond humour!! I really see him under a different light now and similarly I do not think I’ll enjoy 30 Rock to the extent I have done. Thanks for sharing.

2. Chuck

June 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM

It’s called humor people. Not all comedy is for everyone but seriously… If a gay person can take it in the butt he should be able to take a joke. Lol.

June 10, 2011 at 8:12 PM

4. Bklynjs

June 10, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Go Tracy, wish I was there to hear the jokes. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and now you all have to hate him. You are just the same as what you complain about. I’d pay to go see him.

5. Sir Samuel Zeus Clemons

June 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM

sarcasm and irony are humor whether the listener is personally offended or not. as a matter of fact, when used best, the listener does not immediately recognize the sarcasm. the best form of sarcasm is when someone get’s it two or three days later, maybe a week later. they are making a PBJ at 3am in their underwear, and the light goes off in their head!! its a Eureka, Voila’ ! and AH HAH! moment all at once.

finally, the humor is obtained, the listener says to themself: “oh, she/he was being funny….they meant to make me think….” and the humor has had it’s pay off down the road. so it has an immediate and long term pay off, that is the best form of sarcasm.

sarcasm by it’s definition has a somewhat biting, almost scathing critical element, sometimes confused with negative off putting nature. let’s face it, without sarcasm, vitriol and smarm, we’d have no Jon Stewart, Steve Colbert, Bugs Bunny nor, even a Tracy Morgan.

since the vast majority of twenty somethings get their “news” from Colbert and Jon Stewart, not to mention Leno and Letterman, where would the world be without sarcasm… ?? when we start to read a bit on the history of sarcasm going back to the Bible: “am i my brother’s keeper” or “Where is your god now, is he relieving himself” we begin to realize that it’s ability to make people think is it’s intent, and obviously, some people will not immediately get the joke, especially the object of the smarm.

i encourage people to study sarcasm’s history, and to look it up on Google or your favorite literary site, and then review Mr. Morgan’s tirade. I am no fan of his, i don’t even like the guy at all, and change the channel when he is on. But that is not the point. my personal opinion of the man has no bearing on the subject matter of his humor.

Editor/Author Sarcastic Sam Tweets @Samuel_Clemons

6. charliedodge

June 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Freedom of speech. If you don’t like his act, don’t go see it. You say he was not joking ? Do you really believe he would kill his own son? Everyone is to sensitive these days.

7. NoSpankYou

June 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Why is it when people criticizing others for being gay, all I hear is “Damn you for having the courage I lack?” Standing behind having the right to voice their opinion, I want to remind them they also have the right to come out of the closet.

8. dave

June 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I’ve never seen 30 rock and never known until now who Tracy was. But when i see his picture as in this article, i can’t help but think I’m looking at a gay man. And as we all know, the gay closet types are usually the most offensive self haters.

9. Mikey M

June 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM

If you said something like that in a regular work place, you would be fired. He should be too.
    A black man wanting violence against gays when his ancestors went through hell because they were different as well.
    Hasn’t the community learned nothing??

10. elijahhawaii

June 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

hmmm. I seriously, honestly thought for years that Tracy Morgan is bisexual. That just comes across as him trying very hard to cover that up, as many in the closet try to do. Westboro Baptist Church called, Tracy. They want you as a member.

11. Mike

June 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Well if he can say things like that about gay people… why can’t I go around calling him a stupid fucking typical NIGGER.

12. Pat

June 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Tracy Morgan isn’t sorry for what he said, he’s only sorry he got caught. Let’s be honest here,- if what he said hadn’t gone viral, he wouldn’t be apologising FOR ANYTHING. He’d just keep on going, spreading his hatred for other people under the guise of “comedy”.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login