Breakdown with THE KIKI TWINS: KID KASIO!
Latest posts by The Kiki Twins (see all)
- Breakdown W/ THE KIKI TWINS – LIQUID DIET - January 1, 1970
- BREAKDOWN w/ THE KIKI TWINS: UNDERCOVER - January 1, 1970
- Breakdown w/ The KiKi Twins: Pandora Boxx - January 1, 1970
- Breakdown with The Kiki Twins : KELLI - January 1, 1970
- Breakdown with THE KIKI TWINS: Jessie and the Toy Boys! - January 1, 1970
THE KIKI TWINS sit down for tea and crumpets while getting to know their long lost “brother from another mother” from across the pond- KID KASIO!
Name: KID KASIO
What do you do: I make synthpop!
Where are you based: A little place called Blackheath in SE London
1. So tell us, what is the most FIERTH thing about you?
I once went to a gig and the band playing were so bad I went backstage and pulled loads of plugs out of the wall until the music stopped..then I ran away!
Also, when my old band “The Modern” was signed to Universal I ordered that the record company find me a fitted red suit made out of leather! They found one, and I wore it once but it was so uncomfortable I set fire to it on stage (not while I was wearing it, of course).
2. What type of art do you create and give a brief description?
I make melodic pop music. I’m taking all the best bits from 1980-1985 and taking them kicking and screaming into 2011, using only my analog synths and some synth drums. Vince Clarke (Erasure, Yazoo, Depeche Mode) tweeted me and said he loved my music the other day so I’m pretty pleased about that!
3. What’s going on right now for you?
I’m putting together ideas for my next video. I want it to have a scene at the end when everyone is dancing down the street to my music, including stereotypes of all members of society all smiling and being happy (like all the best 80s videos)! Oh yeah, there will be break-dancing policemen too!
4. What’s on your plate for the rest of 2011?
I’m working on a live show at the moment, so lots of gigs! Also, I’m going to fly out to New Orleans where my brother, actor Dominic Cooper is filming (I’m secretly hoping to get some Kid Kasio music in the film)!!
5. Who’s on your radar? Who should we be keeping an eye on?
I think Mirrors are gonna be massive http://www.myspace.com/mirrorsmirrorsmirrors
and I just discovered a cool band called Electrix who I think are Slovakian http://www.myspace.com/electrix80s
and of course THE KIKI TWINS
6. What is something no one knows about you?
I was once in a boyband called BOYZ! and we did a tour of clubs and schools and we did our own Europop cover of Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” in the style of Aqua!!
7. What are some of your pet peeves?
Narrow-minded people and the state of the UK music charts simply irritate me!
8. If you could be anywhere right now doing anything with anyone, tell us where, what and with who it would be.
I would like to be embarking on a world tour of sell-out dates with some cool musicians in a big tour bus filled with synths and lemon Fanta,
or I’d go back in time and hang out in the Rum Runner club in Birmingham, UK in 1980 until I was hired as Duran Duran’s keyboard player!
9. Where can people find out more about you and keep up with you?
One final question…
10. Are we there yet?
I think, in the words of Lionel Richie, “We got a long long way to go”!