Latest posts by The Kiki Twins (see all)
- Breakdown W/ THE KIKI TWINS – LIQUID DIET - February 6, 2012
- BREAKDOWN w/ THE KIKI TWINS: UNDERCOVER - November 10, 2011
- Breakdown w/ The KiKi Twins: Pandora Boxx - August 29, 2011
- Breakdown with The Kiki Twins : KELLI - August 2, 2011
- Breakdown with THE KIKI TWINS: Jessie and the Toy Boys! - June 1, 2011
Name: Michael Hades
What do you do: DJ/Music Producer
Where are you based: Queens, New York!
1. So tell us, what is the most FIERTH thing about you?
I’m Executive Producer/CEO of Hades Music. Hades Music NYC, LLC is an underground NYC dance label that brings different genres of the NYC nightlife from folk rock, electro, etc. and remix it into dance.
2. What type of art do you create and give a brief description?
I create music. I’ve been a musician all my life. DJ-ing House Music gives me an outlet to create music, sounds, and energy using different genres and electronic computer sounds. My attraction to the electronic genre is natural for me as the other side of me is a computer geek. I get to combine both talents into one.
3. What’s going on right now for you?
The Parade Party III. Each year since our start we set out to do a big loft/rooftop event that overlooks The Gay Pride Parade- a big Pride event that comes from the nightclub scene but incorporates the Parade, so you can celebrate everything at once!! This year Hades Music is bringing the rising star DJ talents as well as well established DIVA singers!! Fawn will perform Wish U Love (our #6 Billboard Dance Hit!!), Zhana is performing her new hit anthem Broke Free, and the Queen of the scene, Vernessa Mitchell will be performing Rise!! This year I am teaming up with DJ Jerome Farley, The House Of Aviance, Christina Visca, Mark Nelson, Prince Runway Dancers, Onyx Noiz Fashion, and EOE productions to make this an AMAZING event!
4. What’s on your plate for the rest of 2010?
Right now, so much energy has gone into making this Pride event a party to remember for years to come! A couple of tracks are in the works including THE KIKI TWINS- Techno in Tokyo. Also, Tim Letteer, a very talented Executive Producer, is working on his next project. After the initial response of Broke Free, I can’t wait to hear the next one!!!
5. Who’s on your radar? Who should we be keeping an eye on?
Lots of talented people out there! I don’t think the future is anyone in particular. I think the future of our scene is based on all the new talents working together and collaborating to bring something even bigger to NYC!
6. What is something no one knows about you?
I don’t know. I’m totally sucked into the whole Facebook thing, so pretty much my life is there for all to see! You can learn all about me by checking out my Facebook page. LOL
7. What are some of your pet peeves?
Sound Quality!! I get frustrated when people think, oh the vinyl days… I was around then too. Digital has been invented to make everything better. When digital music is processed correctly there is no comparison.
8. If you could be anywhere right now doing anything with anyone, tell us where, what and with who it would be.
I’d be traveling around the world with my Hades Music artists and DJs and bringing NYC on the road! It’s new music, a new sound, but we keep that Old School NYC Club phenomenon going. It’s something unique, something people crave. It’s entertainment, It’s our Broadway Show!!
9. Where can people find out more about you and keep up with you?
Tickets for The Parade Party:
One final question…
10. Are we there yet?
The journey has just begun…