â€˜You are my Sunshineâ€™
By 0 Comments|
By Enrique Ramirez
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and I’m here to remind you that it’s time to walk your sexy buns over to your dermatologist for a Skin Cancer Screening. Many clinics offer FREE screenings. If you don’t have a Dermatologist, you can log on to www.aad.org, type in your zip code and presto!
Below are simple ways to protect your skin:
– Use a broad spectrum sun block. 20 plus is recommended by the American Skin Association. The secret with sun block is the reapplication. Apply every 2 hours.
– Avoid the sun between 10 and 4pm when the sun is most powerful.
– Wear protective hats and clothing. Many sports brands offer high technology clothing material that blocks the sun. Check with your favorite brand.
– Avoid tanning beds! According to American Academy of Dermatology, indoor tanning before the age of 35 has been associated with a significant increase in the risk of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Yet, over a million Americans, 70% of whom are girls and women, ages 16 to 29 years old, visit a tanning salon daily. Snooky has led us to believe that tanning is a good look. Think again Snooks!
– Get an annual skin cancer screening. Keep in mind that if you’re blond or red head you’re skin is the more vulnerable to the sun.
– Keep an eye on red-raised skin lesions that bleed or itch, and ugly-looking moles. When in doubt, see a dermatologist.
â€˜SPF from the block’
Must-haves for your summer tote â€“ right next to your favorite Jackie Collins novel!
Here are my favorite sun blocks for this summer! These work wonders. They protect and won’t make your skin look greasy or give you that white â€œchalkyâ€ appearance.
Skinceuticals SPF 20: Super light and it absorbs quickly leaving you with a matte finish.
Dermalogica’s Ultra Sensitive Faceblock: This is made for the sensitive skin-type.
Decleor’s Aroma Sun SPF 20: This Ã¼ber-organic block hydrates and protects the skin using essential oils and plant extracts.
*Buy any of the above on my website to get 20% off: www.facetofacenyc.com
← Previous Story Escape from the Ape! Grooming tips to get rid of unsightly hairâ€¦