Breakdown with THE KIKI TWINS: Interview with DJ Drew G.
THE KIKI TWINS are very excited to chat with one of our favorite DJs and all-around good guys Drew G.
Name: Drew G. (AKA Drew Gilbert and/or Drew G Montalvo)
What do you do: Circuit DJ/ Producer
Where are you based: NYC
1. So tell us, what is the most FIERTH thing about you?
The beats I play and the music I make.
2. What type of art do you create?
I create dutch, house remixes of pop tracks for both indie and major label artists.
3. What’s going on right now for you?
Currently we’re working on remixes of Wynter Gordon’s new single Dirty Talk, and we just finished Kesha – Blah Blah Blah and Ludacris – How Low.
4. What’s on your plate for the rest of 2010?
We are currently in the studio writing new material for Mya Harrison’s next album slated for release later in the year. You can expect a collaboration between myself and Mike G (NYC Producer).
I will also be continuing the 2010 Dirty Pop Nation Tour and producing the music for a new reality TV series I will be appearing on.
5. Who’s on your radar? Who should we be keeping an eye on?
Definitely Wynter Gordon, a great new female artist working on Atlantic Records.
6. What is something no one knows about you?
I’m actually 2 midgets standing in a big person coat!
7. What are some of your pet peeves?
Clingy guys and guys that get attached really fast. As an Aries it annoys me and I walk.
8. If you could be anywhere right now doing anything with anyone, tell us where, what and with who it would be.
I’d be in a Post Hotel room with 2 Cylon (Battlestar Galactica reference) copies of Matt Damon taking turns on me all day and night.
9. Where can people find out more about you and keep up with you?
and on itunes: Drew G Presents Dirty Pop
One final question…
10. Are we there yet?
Oh no, we’ve only just begun. We’ve truly just begun.
I have big plans, some of which I can’t discuss…. but they’re very big.