Latest posts by Sethclark (see all)
- Amanda Lepore (feat. Cazwell) (PhDJ’s Marilyn by Numbers revision) - October 24, 2010
- The Fantastical 23 Sept 2010 PhDJ mix! - September 24, 2010
- 42 minutes of PhDJ (Volume 1) - June 29, 2010
- Review: Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work – New Fest 2010 - June 11, 2010
- Cyndi Lauper receives Inspiration Award at 7th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards - May 26, 2010
Fashion shows go by in a blur, sometimes well after they are supposed to begin. I guess that is why there was no free champagne for me in the press pit. A few flutes and I would have missed the whole thing altogether. Sure, I could have nabbed one from Sherry Vine, Epiphany, or Michael Formika Jones in VIP; but I wanted to keep my trigger finger nimble for Cheng-Huai Chuang’s debut ready-to-wear women’s collection. I knew of Chuang because he had designed some fantastical DragTease t-shirts with Sherry on them. I was there because Francis Legge, who was filming the models working the runway in VIP as Sherry did above before the show, texted me to ask if I would come see the looks. I was impressed with the ones in Chuang’s show, particularly #7 (black organza ruffled blouse with organza & tulle flamenco skirt), #9 (red satin & lace belted cocktail dress), and the closing #12 (black satin, organza & french AlenÃ§on lace gown). Here they all are in order, starting with the opening flamenco dancer who started things off and represented Cheng’s inspiration for the collection, and ending with some shots of everyone on the catwalk.